> On Dec 2, 2016, at 4:19 AM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/01/2016 08:35 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>
>> There is the additional porting issue that libhif has pre-requisites,
>> including (at least)
>>      rpm
>>      rpm-python
>>      libsolv
>>      librepo
>> that will need to be shared for a successful porting collaboration.
>
> FWIW, I've built and run unit tests for both libsolv and librepo (against
> rpm5) - they seem to pass fine. libsolv has explicit rpm5 support which needs
> to be enabled when configuring the build. So I don't have anything to share
> for those, and at the moment libhif is where the known issues are.

Good: we are starting to share prerequisites.

Yes, because I did the ports in August.

The original libsolv RPM5 port needs additional changes in CMAKE. That is
(in fact)
>> The build procedures using CMAKE are quite complicated and in need of
>> sharing as well.
>> I have been adding a non-brainer doit.sh that is easily modified (with paths
>> and switches)
>> on different development platforms as needed.
>
> I don't need the doit.sh; my builds are configured from openembedded recipes,
> and it's not at all complicated, for me at least :)

I don’t need doit.sh either. The feeble script is there to document and
automate build options.

What I need is to be able to see what cmake options you are using in order
to be able to build  dnf pre-requisites without having to checkout (or install)
OpenEmbedded,

packaging != development (imho)

> Let's decide how to merge work a bit later; at the moment I'm focused on
> getting latest cvs version of rpm5 to build, so I can continue porting work
> against that version, and easily take any necessary fixes that you do to rpm5.

OK. This is either Case #2 (I am installing into /opt/local instead of adding
—enable-build-version-script
which is more complex) or Case #3 (building against a RPM CVS checkout) for
building.

Which are you?

If you would like some help, I need to see what build options you are
attempting to use with RPM5.

The easiest way to do this is to send a stanza for devtool.conf so that I can
assess
what pre-requisites you need.

Building RPM from CVS — once you have decided options and installed
pre-requisites) —
is mostly this
        cd rpm
        ./devtool checkout
        ./devtool somestanza

Choosing options and installing pre-requisites is far from easy however.

Can you attempt a stanza for devtool.conf? There are myriad examples.

73 de Jeff