On 12/01/2016 08:35 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

There is the additional porting issue that libhif has pre-requisites, including
(at least)
        rpm
        rpm-python
        libsolv
        librepo
that will need to be shared for a successful porting collaboration.

FWIW, I've built and run unit tests for both libsolv and librepo (against rpm5) - they seem to pass fine. libsolv has explicit rpm5 support which needs to be enabled when configuring the build. So I don't have anything to share for those, and at the moment libhif is where the known issues are.

The build procedures using CMAKE are quite complicated and in need of sharing
as well.
I have been adding a non-brainer doit.sh that is easily modified (with paths
and switches)
on different development platforms as needed.

I don't need the doit.sh; my builds are configured from openembedded recipes, and it's not at all complicated, for me at least :)

Let's decide how to merge work a bit later; at the moment I'm focused on getting latest cvs version of rpm5 to build, so I can continue porting work against that version, and easily take any necessary fixes that you do to rpm5.

Alex