--- Begin Message ---
On 06/01/2023 22:33, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
But still it's optional on non-x86.

Yes, it can be built without OneVPL, but the package functionality may be limited. ExcludeArch is used because of SVT-AV1 which is now a mandatory dependency.

From what I found, SVT-AV1 should build on other arches, too. I'll check
if ExcludeArch: x86_64 can be dropped from it.

Great. When it reaches stable, the package can be rebuilt for aarch64 and ppc64le.

Thanks, but I'd prefer it if you highlighted the above issues in the
mailing list or to HandBrake maintainers before going ahead and pushing.

I think the upstream has made their choice[1] and switched from the legacy Intel Media SDK API to the modern OneVPL API. And SVT-AV1 is a Fedora-only packaging issue.

[1]: https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/commit/9ea845b71fad3eede3791ed565612e1db0354a1a

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)