On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 11:29 -0500, laurent oget wrote:
> As i suspected there is code to deal with the locale in the main.c of
> R, which switches some locale to "" which means they will use this
> machine's custom locale instead of "C", but they explicitely do not do
> it for LC_NUMERIC
>
> I suspect a
>
> setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"C") before loading the R library would avoid
> those issues, but I do not know the rpy code enough to know if that
> should happen in C or in Python, or if it should be fixed on the R
> side.

Did Aurélie say on what R version this used to work ?

The R core developers worked on internationalization over the very last
years, and something may have been left behind for embedded R. Forcing
the locale may be a fix, but may loose some of those
internationalization features on the way.

Let's bump that to the R authors and see what happens...