Ashton MacAndrews wrote:

> Having trouble locking across an NFS mount ...
>
> unable to update `slog.rrd': could not lock RRD
>
> Suggestions?

Using nfs (for rrdtool) is not recommended.  The obvious
solution is in this case also the best one (probably):

A few days ago somebody posted information on a client-server
application that can access/update rrdtool files remotely.  This
is not on the basis of file sharing (nfs) but on the basis of
sockets.  It may have been on the MRTG list, not sure about that,
if somebody knows for sure or can actually point you to the article
I'm sure (s)he'll do so.

HTH
 / [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  [EMAIL PROTECTED] \
| work                                                         private |
| My employer is capable of speaking therefore I speak only for myself |