Hi all,

Speaking for myself, without input from Lixia (and this is thus non-binding):

Joel M. Halpern wrote:
If someone wants to add text on Identifier / Locator separation as a useful architectural principle, I guess I can't object.

If someone were to propose text and get rough consensus on this, I would definitely be interested in adopting it.

And I consider the CEE / CES debate to be missing the point.
Firstly, many of the solutions and not purely one or the other. As Noel has observed, one can migrate LISP (ostensibly a CES solution) into the host. Architecturally, and in terms of the end state, I think that CEE is a much better target. In terms of deployability and related issues, CES techniques tend to have a big advantage. Hence, I have a personal preference for solutions which straddle this boundary, rather than seeing utility in arguing about which one we want.
And I don't the the RG has a clear agreement on this at all.

I generally agree with this: we don't necessarily have the right characterization of the solution space. However, I have to interject that I'm absolutely thrilled to see us actually having an architectural discussion. I hope it progresses and refines itself quickly.

Tony