Robin,

On Nov 12, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Robin Whittle <r...@firstpr.com.au> wrote:
> As far as I know, ILNP is only practical for IPv6.  Despite a decade and
> a half of faith on the part of many IETF people and repeated "real soon
> now" statements about IPv6's imminent widespread adoption, I see no sign
> of it.  If a 2012-11-07 statement by Nick Hilliard is to be believed:
>

> https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/address-policy-wg/2012-November/007374.html
>

> then excluding "the top 10% of the v6 talkers", IPv6 traffic volumes are
> an order of 1/100,000 of IPv4 traffic volumes.

Perhaps you missed the following?
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-iab-5-technical-plenary.pdf

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/127213-ipv6-now-deployed-across-entire-t-mobile-us-network

http://conference.apnic.net/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/50813/vzw_apnic_13462152832-2.pdf
In fact, I would point you to slide 13 + 14 of that PDF as to the success of
IPv6 traffic growth.

http://comcast6.net/index.php/8-ipv6-trial-news-and-information/92-deployment-update

Those are just a sampling of recent announcements/activity I can recall
recently.  I'm sure if you looked around, you'd see similar activity by other
wireless networks and residential broadband providers.

Admittedly, we're still quite a ways from when IPv6 traffic volume will exceed
IPv4 traffic growth.  Regardless, it's illogical to (continue to) assume that
IPv6 is not being widely deployed in the real-world, right now.

-shane