On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Joel M. Halpern <j...@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
> My understanding is that the packet forwarding paths, and the money
> exchanges, are more complex than the picture you painted.  Your picture
> matches the general theory.  However, I have repeatedly been told that the
> reality does not match that theory.

Hi Joel,

I'll state that the settlement fees involved in common peering
arrangements (peering as defined in my post) are irrational, couched
in the language of fairness but based entirely on what the
participants believe they can get away with. I have taken that into
consideration with the structures I'll propose for procedural
aggregation.

Are you aware of any other specific divergence between the financial
structure I described and the reality on the ground? What is it?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ her...@dirtside.com  b...@herrin.us