Pat Maddox wrote:

Can you paste your code please?  Here's an example I just whipped up
that seems to work fine...I'm using a stub defined inline, a stub
defined in two steps, and a partially stubbed object.  They all shadow
the outer stub.  What does your code look like?

Pat

It looks like I was lead somewhat astray. It wasn't the stubbing, it's actually something wrong with the fixture loading. The other fixtures that load with it seem to be okay, but the ones I need are just returning empty arrays.

describe ReservationsController, "reservations/GET" do
  describe "all reservations/ GET", :shared => true do
    ...snip...

    describe "with reservations" do
fixtures :customers, :users, :products, :reservation_statuses, :reservations, :reservation_items

      before(:each) do
res = [reservations(:single), reservations(:cancelled), reservations(:surprise)]
        Reservation.stub!(:find).and_return(res)
      end

      it "should group the reservations by date for the view assign" do
        do_request
        rd = assigns[:reservation_dates]

        rd.should have(2).items

Instead of 'res' containing an array of three reservations, it's just an array of three empty arrays. I know the fixtures are good because I have used them in other specs. The 'reservations' collection is present, and it is aware of appropriate keys, but it just gives back empty arrays. Any thoughts on my new and improved problem?

I should also note that I'm running off of svn r3312 from around mid February. At this time I cannot update to trunk, so if it's a problem, and it has been fixed since that time, just let me know.