Pat Maddox wrote:

etc.  It's super weird that it works in every other place but not
here.  So I'd start from the tiniest thing possible and add lines
until you find one that breaks it.

Pat

So I went through and took the whole thing apart. It turns out that it is/was a stub issue(just not quite what expected). Prior to calling the shared describe Reservation.find was stubbed to return []. I didn't realize that internally the fixtures collections used find. Now that I do, it all makes sense; since it's just doing what I told it to.

So in a way my original question still stands. Is there a way to "unstub" something? Because I don't see a way around this unless I can do that. Thanks for your help.