On 11 Apr 2009, at 19:02, Ashley Moran wrote:

I was just idly thinking, could a code-coverage based system could be combined with some sort of failure (fragility) history to balance the time cost of heavy feature runs with the benefits of having something run end-to-end? We've had reverse-modification-time spec ordering for ages which is a useful start.

I believe this is roughly what Kent Beck's new venture, JUnit Max, does. I think it's pretty much essential to start thinking about doing this - dumbly running all the tests just doesn't make sense and won't scale on a bigger project. Cucover is my first attempt to dip my toe into this water.

I blogged about this the other day:
http://blog.mattwynne.net/2009/04/06/the-future-of-automated-acceptance-testing/

Matt Wynne
http://beta.songkick.com