On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:07:46AM +0200, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
> Can you point me at how to achieve overwriting instead of going to a
> temporary file? Is it in receiver.c? receive_data()? It seems to rely
> on write_file(). But the fd is already open by the time we get there.
> Can you give me an idea of the call sequence?

Sorry, but I'm really not familiar enough with that part of the rsync code
to be able to advise on how to achieve overwriting vs. using a temporary
file.  Maybe the author Andrew Tridgell could help out.  From my limited
knowledge it doesn't seem like a trivial hack, but maybe it would seem
trivial to him.

- Dave Dykstra