Sorry about spamming the list. This update is just to say that I have tested solutions 1 and 2 and there is no solution:

1) If I configure with --disable-acl --enable-xattr, configure is OK but make can't compile xattr.c because it seems linked to ACL code...

2) The versions disponible at darwinport and fink are unpatched (without extended-attributes) or just avaliable for 10.4+.

So I would really need to compile it from source, if someone have a magic argument like --compile-on-10.3-with-xattr-without-acl...

Best regards,

Vitorio Machado