I have tried using the following in my rules, but am still receiving something
that looks invalid.

RULES
$ActionSendStreamDriver  ptcp
$ActionForwardDefaultTemplateName  RSYSLOG_SyslogProtocol23Format
*.info  @@(o)127.0.0.1:7777

RECEIVE
"<4>Nov ..."

What is received still does not look like it is conforming to RFC 5424 yet,
even after adding the recommended template.  What am I doing wrong?

I should probably alias the template, it is called
RSYSLOG_SyslogProtocol23Format - this stems back to the days when we used
rsyslog as a testbed for the pre-RFC versions.

Rainer

Logan Rodrian
Cyber Engineer
Northrop Grumman