On 2/11/14 1:16 AM, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
>> This is exactly the type of thing that local variables were designed for.
>> But just to check, try doing $! instead of $. the variable will show up as
>> part of a JSON output of $! if you do this, but it will let you test if
>> this is the problem
>>

> local vars are not in 7.4., but I think the actual problem is a different
> one. In the config is:
>
>     set $.filename = "loggerstuff"
>
> but it must be
>
>     set $.filename = "loggerstuff";
>
> Note the semicolon at the end! It's a quirck, but we couldn't get away
> without adding the need for it.

Yay got it....

In the template...
 property(name="$!test")

if whatever.... {
  set $!test = "whatever";
  action(omfile... Dynafile... etc)
}

Seems to work!  Thanks.

Local variables will be better than the $! JSON tree because I will
actually use JSON in this (a different part of the config) also.

Would it be recommended to use the latest 7.5 in production at this
point?  It will be stable "soon", correct?  Fortunately, we're not fully
relying on this setup yet, but we want to be ASAP.