Hi,

for Gentoo it doesn't matter if you (upstream) will provide multiple or
a single tarball.

If our user will set the "doc" USE flag, we would pull in the second
tarball if needed or if the USE flag isn't set we would delete doc
folder before merging the package to the user's system.

But if you plan to release documentation in a different release cycle,
this would become a problem for us, because we won't bump the package to
another revision just for a documentation update (because this would
require the user to rebuild the whole package just for documentation)...
but you (Rainer) already said in another reply that you will keep the
releases in sync, so this isn't a problem.

-Thomas