An more advice:
Please always consider running lintian on the final package.

This would have caught simple errors like this one:

$ lintian liblognorm1_1.1.1-0adiscon1trusty1_amd64.deb
W: liblognorm1: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames liblognorm2
E: liblognorm1:
symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol
descent_parser_data_constructor@Base and 73 others

It looks, like the symbols file isn't properly maintained either.