I noticed looking through the code that it looks like the error file
routine in omelasticsearch is not tied into the stats system - we use
impstats to monitor our rsyslog pipelines, and having a counter for write
errors would be super useful.

 I've submitted a PR to add the counter:
https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/pull/1331

Cheers,