On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 03:17:11PM -0700, Paul O'Rorke wrote:
>    I am assuming that I can't just UPDATE the passwords in MySQL because of
> the hashing?  I tried
>    without success:
>
>      mysql> UPDATE rtdb.Users SET Password=PASSWORD('xxxx') WHERE
> Name='jamie';
>      Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.01 sec)
>      Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 1

The jamie user will definitely not be able to log in after this.
That puts a MySQL password hash into RT, which is *not* expecting
that.

>    I guess I have missed something in these upgrade README files.  I do
> appreciate your help.
>    Now that I've the Apache thing sorted I'm feeling like on the home stretch
> - if only I can
>    sort these passwords out.  Is there another related script I missed
> perhaps?

You can safely use the techniques here.  RT should update the md5 one
for you and if you change rt3 for rt4 in the perl code, it will
generate a proper password the first time out.

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/RecoverRootPassword

However, this does bring up a question.  Show us
show create table Users;

-kevin