<<
You can set your conditions to judge Watts vs. Zow any way you like,
which is exactly what you are doing here.  You are only considering the
final Win/Loss from Zow's two starts, while narrowing down your look at
Watts to the fourth quarters in games WHERE ALABAMA'S DEFENSE PUT
ALABAMA
BEHIND.

Yes, but the offense didn't put together the same kind of drives in the
4th quarter that they did in the 1st half.  See my previous post about
stamina.

<<
Looking at the total picture for Watts and Zow, a knowledgeable football
person would take the consistent Watts over the inconsistent Zow every
time.>>

Yes, I agree.  But a consistent Zow vs. a consistent Watts is a
different story.

<<
Zow looks like Jay Barker one week and Brian Burgdorf the next.  The 31
points he put on the board against Auburn were against a defense that
quit.  Slef or I could have QBed Alabama to 31 points on that day.

I don't think you've got it in you to QB Bama to 31 points, Bill :)
But I do agree that Auburn gave up when Williams went down.  By the way,
Burgdorf did have some good games in his day I think!

Watts looks like Jay Barker in the first half a lot of the time, but not
in the 4th quarter.