*2 STORIES* - - - - -  (Anybody we know?)

"Stranded"

A redneck, a sheep, and a dog were survivors of a terrible shipwreck.
They found themselves stranded on an unknown island. After being there a
while, they got into the habit of going to the beach every evening to
watch the sun set.

One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus
clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle; a perfect night for romance.
As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the
redneck. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.
But the dog got jealous, growling fiercely until the redneck took his
arm from around the sheep. After that, the three of them continued to
enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by and lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.
The only survivor was a beautiful young woman, the most beautiful woman
the redneck had ever seen. She was in a pretty bad way when they rescued
her, and they slowly nursed her back to health.

When the young maiden was well enough, they introduced her to their
evening beach ritual. It was another beautiful evening: red sky, cirrus
clouds, a warm and gentle breeze; perfect for a night of romance.

Pretty soon, the redneck started to get "those feelings" again. He
fought them as long as he could, but he finally gave in and leaned over
to the young woman, cautiously, and whispered in her ear... "Would you
mind taking the dog for a walk."

"Advice from Grandpa"

This touched me. This once again confirms that the most important
information in your life won't come from a teacher, the library or the
internet, but from a mentor and on a very personal level.
My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up, and for me it is a
time to reminisce about the long walks we used to take. The long drives.
The special trips he would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends
with him, and the advice he used to give!

Much was wasted because I was young when he died. If he were alive today
and sharing his gems of wisdom, I'd be a better man. Those gems were
well and good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of
grandfatherly advice, came when he paused, looked me in the eye and
said, "Son ... don't marry a woman with big hands. It makes your pecker
look smaller."

"RollMightyTideRoll"
 BAMA 24 - LSU 20

Cheers -VO-