I started using Linux in Feb and added the NMT real time extensions in May
(kernel 2.0.36 with rtlinux ver 1.1).  My problem now is that I need
floating point operations in my real time processes to handle controlling a
pedestal on 1 computer and to do I/Q demodulation in my 8 embedded
computers.

The solution seems to be RTAI which from what I understand I now need to go
to kernel 2.2.xx.  I have ordered the Red Hat 6.0 CD to make it easier to
get things installed.  So, the questions I have are:

1.  Do I truely need to update my kernel for RTAI ?

2.  If yes do I just need to forget about NMT version or rt and go with RTAI
?

3.  Does anyone have any other advise and information that will make my life
easier ?

4.  Is there a CD rom install something like the RED HAT with RTAI in there
too so I can cut down on my install time?  I would go for that in a
heartbeat.  I have a few dollars I can spend.

Thanks in advance --

Janet Estabridis
Electrical Engineer
NAWC Code 473E00D