Stephen,

If tinkering with the BIOS settings hasn't got you any where. Then I can
only think of two things you could try.

1. Contact the manufacture of the Geode PC104 board and get them to do the
hard work. This is what I ended up doing. We were using a Digital Logic
MSMP3-700Mhz PC104+ board. The only problem you have with getting the
manufacturer to do anything about it is, you have to convince them that
there is a problem to start with. The way we did this was we wrote a program
which utilised the PIT counter. The counter was loaded with a value and then
decremented. Having started the count we ran some code. If the code had
finished running and the counter was zero an error was recorded. This meant
that the coded had failed to be completed in the allocated time slot (e.g.
2ms loop time). Knowing that there should be no problem running the code you
can conclude that the counter is decremented faster than it should. If you
would like the code, email me and I can send it to you.

2. Try upgrading the BIOS. The manufacture came back to us and told us to
upgrade to Phoenix v2.37. however this version number is probably specific
to Digital Logic boards.

I hope this help. This problem is really frustrating and took us a few
months to get to the bottom of it.

David Armstrong

Renishaw plc (Edinburgh)
T: +44 (0)131 451 1623