Hi all -- let me fan the flames a bit on this topic and point out
a very interesting paper on the subject of OO programming by Les Hatton.
The title is "Does OO Synch with How We Think?", IEEE Software, May/June
1998. Basically, the conclusion the author comes to and provides evidence
for is that object-oriented programming results in more coding errors and
each error takes long to fix. The reason he provides is that object-
oriented programming requires much greater dependence on the developer's
long term memory (human memory and NOT RAM :-)) which ultimate lead to
more errors and by extension they are going to take longer to fix.

        Now, I caveat the above with that Les' study was done before the
wide use of the Standard Template Library (STL). In fact, STL was not used
in C vs. C++ comparison study.

        When deciding to go with C++ (vs C), the author recommends you
determine if you get a high degree of code reuse ( GUI development has
benefited greatly from this). Otherwise, go with C.

                        Enjoy,
                        Chris
Christopher D. Carothers

Assistant Professor