>    hi all,
>    i am developing a data acquiring program on rtlinux 3.1,and need to tranmit a
>large amount of data between the rt process and non_rt process at high speed,so try
>to find the most efficient way of communication.
>    After trying fifo,mbuff and share memory pool (putting aside a block of physical
>memory at boot time then access the pointer directly), the performance shows that the
>fifo cann't meet the requirement, but the differences between the mbuff and share
> memory pool are still unclear.
>    It will be appreciated if who can offer some experience about this.
>    Thanks

could you post your results of the comparison and the conditions ?
I guess that would be of interest for others too.

the memory pool you refere to - are you talking about reserving physical memory
with a mem= parameter to the kernel and then directly accessing it ?

Would be supprised if there is much of a difference between using reserved
physical memory or mbuff - but I am more supprised that FIFO's were outperformed
by shared memory.

hofrat
http://www.rtlinux.org/