> Please, for the sake of sanity, do not change this from the old way unless
> you have a better reason than "It's DRYer"

I think that's a perfectly valid reason. Not just that it's more dry,
but that it unifies configuration of the database along side the
configuration of everything else. The special treatment for
database.yml is completely unnecessary and sticks out like a wart to
me these days.

This change isn't going in for 2.1.x but either for 2.2 or 3.0
(whichever the next big release will be, my guess is 3.0). And it's
not going to change anything for existing applications. And it
encourages the good form of separating your credentials from your
configuration.

So it's all cheers from me to Adam for finally cleaning up this piece
of my personal indulgence with "let's try to use YAML for something".