> In Rails 2.x, if you have an XML template, and try to render a template
> that does not have an XML version, but does have an HTML version, it
> will be rendered. XML and HTML are just examples; this is true for any
> two mime types.

I'm guessing that the historical basis for this behaviour is:

xml.content render :partial=>"post", :object=>post

So long as we support :format=>:html in that call, I think the change
is worth making in 3.0. I'd also suggest that the exception gave a
useful message like:

Template not found: post.xml, found post.html.  If that's what you
wanted use render ... :format=>:html

--
Cheers

Koz