On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 05:19, Yehuda Katz <wyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In Rails 2.x, if you have an XML template, and try to render a template
> that does not have an XML version, but does have an HTML version, ...

Am I the only one that didn't understand this first sentence?

How can you *have* an XML template if that template *doesn't* have an XML *
version*?

Anyway, I'd like to chip in with a small request (I don't know if it's
exactly related to the question) — if you defined extra HTML formats (using
Mime::Type.register_alias) in your app (like :mobile and :iphone), I'd like
that templates render the other HTML format if the current one isn't
available. This is especially useful for partials; index.mobile.erb and
index.iphone.erb should both be able to use the _post.html.erb partial.