În data de Tue, 10 Jun 2014 01:36:57 +0300, Ryan Bigg <radarliste...@gmail.com> a scris:

Why would the community do that? What are the benefits? Why is Sprockets bad? Why would we replace it with something that is >not up to its prime? Wouldn't we have to rewrite a whole bunch of Rails code and documentation?

Also consider the fact that developers who started using already a JavaScript build tool (grunt, gulp, broccoli) will unlikely consider switching back to a Ruby based tool. I also believe splitting JavaScript from Ruby became one of the best practices lately (see the same ember-appkit-rails).