You'll need more than one instance of Mongrel.  The articles I wrote are all
being redone and will be in the Rails Deployment book, so I can't update
those on the web.

Install Apache 2.2 with mod_proxy_balance, make that balance your multiple
Mongrels on Windows, and point ISAPI_REWRITE to Apache instead of a single
Mongrel.

Or, if you don't like configuration, you can just use Pen, which has a
Windows port. Get that running as a service and just point ISAPI_Rewrite to
that.

If you really need detailed setups and can't wait for the beta book, contact
me off-list.