On 2/9/07, David Backeus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for all your input.
>
> Going to attempt using Pen.
>
> Right now having problems starting the mongrel cluster. Here's some
> output...
>
> C:\ruby\apps\STREAM~1>mongrel_rails cluster::start --verbose
> Starting 10 Mongrel servers...
> mongrel_rails start -d -e production -p 8000 -P log/mongrel.8000.pid
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel_cluster-0.2.1/lib/
> mongrel_cluster/init.rb
> :53:in ``': Exec format error - mongrel_rails start -d -e production -
> p 8000 -P
> log/mongrel.8000.pid (Errno::ENOEXEC)

The problem is Win32 lacks forking (or daemonize) which is used by
mongrel with -d parameter, to detach from the console and stay
running.

No mongrel_cluster for win32 (yet).

> Don't get what the problem is here. I can copy/paste the commandline
> (mongrel_rails start -d -e production -p 8000 -P log/mongrel.8000.pid)
> and run it just fine.

The workaround is create multiple mongrel_services definitions and set
them to start automatic.

Please refer to Mongrel win32 specific docs at
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/win32.html

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems