Frederick Cheung wrote:
> On 29 Oct 2008, at 20:22, Shandy Nantz wrote:
>
>> logout? Thanks,
>>
> Not in a fool proof way. You could have a window's onClose fire off an
> ajax request, but obviously that won't work if they have javascript
> turned off, won't work if they just turn off their computer or if
> their broadband dies, might not work if they quit their browser etc...
>
> Fred

That's what I am trying to do by saying:

onunload = "delete_cookie('user');

The probablem is doesn't seem to be working. When I say session[:user] =
"blah" is the name of that cookie "user"?

If anyone is interested by delete_cookie fuunction looks like:

function delete_cookie ( cookie_name )
{
  var cookie_date = new Date ( );  // current date & time
  cookie_date.setTime ( cookie_date.getTime() - 1 );
  document.cookie = cookie_name += "=; expires=" +
    cookie_date.toGMTString();
}