Frederick Cheung wrote:
> The associated
> value is either a serialized ruby object containing the session (if
> you are using the cookiestore) or just some completely opaque id that
> rails can use to grab the session from the db/memcache/filesystem.
> (You could have worked some of this out just by looking in your
> browser's settings - you can list all cookies stored by your browser)
>
> Fred

I just upgraded to Rails 2.1.0. so I am using the cookiestore but I am
storing id's in multiple session variables: session[:user],
session[:admin], session[:company_id]. I am trying to destroy the
session[:user] via a javaScript function.

I was under the impression that when I create a session[:user] =
@user.id that the cookie looked like:

   'user=12232; expires=Thu, 29 Oct 2008 20:47:11 UTC; path=/'

and that I could erase it through javaScript by saying:

   delete_cookie( 'user' )

but Im not sure that when I create the session variable that the name is
actually 'user'?