On Dec 4, 9:41 pm, Jason Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Craig Demyanovich wrote:
> > You wrote that you're running Vista 64-bit and
> > mysql-essential-5.0.67-winx64, yet the gem seems to be for win32:
> > mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32. Could it be that you need a mysql gem for win64
> > (is
> > there one?) or that you need to run mysql for win32 instead of win64?
> > Just
> > guessing really, since I don't run Windows.
>
> > Regards,
> > Craig
>
> Well I am running mysql x64, unfortunately there isn't a proper 64 bit
> gem(I've searched).  What I don't understand though is how it was
> running fine with just an error message(not an error but the deprecation
> warning) under 2.1.2 and now won't function at all.  So I'm hoping to

2.1.2 and earlier bundled a pure ruby mysql driver which would be
loaded if the native one couldn't be (usually this would be because
the native one wasn't there, but any sort of load error would trigger
the fallback), but 2.2 no longer bundles it.

> find some workaround so that I can continue using the 64 bit Mysql(for
> perfomance).  Otherwise I guess I can just roll back from 2.2.2 but
> would like to avoid this as I like what 2.2.2 brings to the table and as
> I'm learning ruby and playing with rails don't want to be able to update
> to the latest code base's.

it shouldn't be an issue running a 32bit client against a 64bit
server.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325680 and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812486
implies this error can be triggered by having folders with 'bad' names

Fred