Hi,

I'm playing with RoR since Ruby 1.0, now I'm playing with 3.2.

I have to merge/rewrite one ERP from standalone app client/server to web
approach.

Some of this part is made with PHP, but this part is not the most
important, and there is an option that we can rewrite it to other tools
like RoR as some parts have to change.

The main question is why I should choose RoR over other framework PHP
like Kohana or Yii.

I don't want to start a fight here, I want to ask very specific
questions:

- Is it true that a slow queriy on RoR lock all other concurrent
connections? This was true on old RoR versions.

I usualy have my RoR served by Ngix with Thin.

Apahe can serve PHP directly.

This extra layer (Thin, mongrel,...) has some penalty on RoR ?

I know I can have many Thins servers listening and Ngix uses them by
demand, or use Passenger, Unicorn, ... but those options are slowering
the web in comparation with Apache and PHP?

I prefer to use RoR but I have to convince the other programmer and my
Boss, both of them prefer Php because sound better, there are more
developers, bla bla bla

Of course the best is what I'm doing, creating a RoR and Kohana web tot
test this very specific questions, but it's aways good to ask and read
from profressionals like you :-)

thanks,