On 21 Feb 2012, at 08:14, Raimon Fs wrote:

- Is it true that a slow queriy on RoR lock all other concurrent
connections? This was true on old RoR versions.

This could be true in many cases, but is this really different from PHP? Does PHP handle requests concurrently? I'm not really sure about that.
All the "intelligence" in wrapped up inside that Apache module and
there's generally only one of those.

Sure I'm missing something, but in Apache you say how many workers want
for PHP and that's all, with Thin/Mongrel/... you have to create them
before, and tell ngix how many you have. Maybe the Unicorn/Passenger is the solution. I think I'm worried for things that maybe never are going
to happen, as this site is for an ERP where will be used by 100/200
persons.

FYI, we have a very large CRM/ERP application running on Rails that serves well over the number of people you are mentioning.

If you want Rack apps such as Rails to run as an Apache module or nginx module, then use Passenger. It follows the same mindset as the PHP module.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt