Tom Allison wrote in post #1049289:
> So my next question is -- does anyone use JIRA API with Ruby/Rails and
> if
> so -- how?

I'm guessing, not very many. I attend the Ruby user's group whenever I
can. I've not seen or heard of anyone using JIRA with Rails. Most prefer
a more "agile" project management tool such as PivotalTracker,
Lighthouse or similar. Each of these have REST based APIs and are often
integrated with Rails.

> I'm really surprised at the complete lack of mention in the last 2 years
> and am wondering if I made a mistake picking Jira up as a potential
> solution for my business.

I'm not surprised about this. JIRA is an "Enterprisy" project management
tool. While Ruby on Rails is perhaps gaining some ground in the
enterprise space it's not something necessarily driven by the core
Rubyists.

Rails is well known to be an "opinionated" framework. And SOAP lost that
battle years ago to REST. So I'm not surprised to see little mention, or
support, of a SOAP based API no matter what's sitting on the other side
of it.

I'm not saying that your choice of JIRA was a mistake. I've not
evaluated the software, mostly because my first glance at it didn't
appeal me. And, finding out now that its API is based on SOAP just
lowered my interest even further.

I did evaluate a lot of project management/tracking solutions and found
only one that I was actually happy with, which is PivotalTracker. That's
not to say it's the solution for everyone though.

As for helping you with your soap4r/JIRA integration problem. I'm not
surprised your having trouble, but I have no idea how to help you with
that. I do wish you luck in fining a solution.