Sergey Ezhov wrote in post #1057962:
> Compare, for example, with a site www.php.net and you will see a big
> difference.
>
> I use both PHP and Ruby therefore I know about what I tell.

Yes Rails documentation could be better. However, it is completely
unfair to compare programming language documentation to object
library/framework documentation.

Programming languages, like PHP and Ruby, are easy to document.
Languages are MUCH smaller in scope than frameworks. If every method, of
every class, were fully documented by the team building Rails then
nothing would ever get done.

Also of note is that PHP has been around a lot longer, and changes at a
much slower pace than Rails.

Rails documentation is open for anyone to contribute. Complaining about
it is useless and certainly won't make the documentation better. Someone
caring enough to write documentation is what's going to make the
documentation better.