On 25 April 2012 10:20, Sergey Ezhov <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I don't know, what advantage is received by developers from popularity
> of language, from popularity of framework.

Again, you're posting without quoting, so I have no idea what you're
referring to.

> Really very many people stop and leave from Ruby and Ruby on Rails use
> only in the absence of good documentation.

What documentation *is* missing? There are dozens of "getting started
with Rails" books, and indeed, if you type that phrase into your
search engine of choice, you get a massive amount of results,
including:

  http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
  http://railscasts.com/episodes/310-getting-started-with-rails
  https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/rails3

And let's not forget what I already referred to as the great Ruby API docs:
  http://www.ruby-doc.org/core-1.8.6/
  http://www.ruby-doc.org/core-1.8.7/
  http://www.ruby-doc.org/core-1.9.3/

And the very handy Rails API docs:
  http://api.rubyonrails.org/

So what *is* extra that is needed in your view? If you've got a great
idea, then awesome! Please contribute it, I'd love to see it.

> And you suggest to rush to study of source codes
> directly. It very much frightens off beginners.

No, I *didn't* suggest it (and if you'd quoted what I said, you would see it).
I said that *I* find well-written-source-code-with-poor-docs better
than poorly-written-code-with-good-docs, but I *never* said I agreed
with you that the Ruby/Rails docs are poor.
Personally, I think they're perfectly good, and the associated
contributions from the community are of varying quality, but generally
good/excellent. But I'm happy to discuss with you your disagreement.

There's always room for more tutorials... please contribute! :-)