On 19 November 2012 17:23, mongeta 99 <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not surely if I'm going to be able to explain well ...
>
> We have a Rails 3.2 with backend PostgreSQL.
>
> We have 5 models that are nested/related between them, and all must be
> created/updated/destroyed in block, like a transaction.
>
> Those models are created using very complex views and some modals, this
> is for a very complex ERP.
>
> We don't want to store 'invalid data' in the real tables, like using
> some attribute like 'pending' or 'modifying'.
>
> One solution that I'm experiment with it, and it seems it can serve us,
> is using schemas of PostgreSQL. I have defined in a new schema the same
> tables that we need for this purpose.

Is there too much data to hold it all in the session till it is ready to go?

Whatever route is there a problem with the possibility of one of the
tables getting updated by another user whilst this user is collecting
the data, then if his data is put in the database (whether inside a
transaction or not) the data collected in the session or your schema
table would remove the changes already made.

Colin