Colin Law wrote in post #1085205:
> On 19 November 2012 17:23, mongeta 99 <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> is for a very complex ERP.
>>
>> We don't want to store 'invalid data' in the real tables, like using
>> some attribute like 'pending' or 'modifying'.
>>
>> One solution that I'm experiment with it, and it seems it can serve us,
>> is using schemas of PostgreSQL. I have defined in a new schema the same
>> tables that we need for this purpose.
>
> Is there too much data to hold it all in the session till it is ready to
> go?

it depends ...

1 main model with more or less 4 nested models and each of this 4 models
5 more ...

> Whatever route is there a problem with the possibility of one of the
> tables getting updated by another user whilst this user is collecting
> the data, then if his data is put in the database (whether inside a
> transaction or not) the data collected in the session or your schema
> table would remove the changes already made.

This can only happen when modifying, not when creating.

And I think I can control more or less with database-semaphores in some
way attached to sessions.

The main problem here is code duplication, if I store the data into
session, I have to decollect and update in some way the session data and
the views, so some views will be updated from data from session or from
database ...

thanks,