This is really weird. Having used ":q" as a name actually opens the "no
search yet" partial, wether I used the search function or not.

but using ":search" in my if clause I get a "NameError" in my index
file.

undefined local variable or method `games' for
#<#<Class:0x674f2c8>:0x3f8e698>

Extracted source (around line #3):

1: <table>
2:
3: <% games.each do |game| %>
4:   <tr>
5:     <td><%= link_to game.title_german, game %></td>
6:     <td><%= game.title_original %></td>

returning the "@" to "games" would cause a nomethod error for "each"...

Sorry to be bothering with this, but I'm really confused...