On May 17, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Bruno Sapienza wrote:

> Hello everyone. I'm begining with Ruby on Rails, and i'm facing some trouble
> with "ActiveAdmin with ajax."
>
> Here's the situation:
> It's a Kennel's web site, so, while i'm creating a new dog, i have one
> select/options for the dog's father, dog's mother, and dog's race.
>
> After select the dog's father/mother "i can be able" to know the race from
> the dog i'm creating, so i need to dynamically  fill the race's option,
> accordinggly with his father's or mother's race.
>
> I know i need a javascript/ajax, and i know hot to do it with php "i know
> it's pretty simple" but as i'm new with Ruby on Rails, i don't know where and
> how to write these codes in active admin.
>
> If anyone could help, thanks so much! =)

If you're beginning with RoR, I would seriously encourage you to first build an
entire site with nothing but the core Rails framework -- no extras at all. I
tried using Hobo very early in my Rails career, and I feel like it set me back
quite a ways. These engines and meta-frameworks enforce their own logic on top
of Rails' and this can cause you to miss some basic concepts that you will need
later. Walk then run, IOW.

Walter