On 27 June 2013 21:31, Matt Hall <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hello World!
>
> I'm a complete n00b on Rails with only beginner knowledge of Ruby. I
> plan on studying Ruby more before I really learn Rails, but I'm waayy
> too curious for my own good.
>
> Anyway, I was following the tutorial,

Which tutorial and what Operating System are you using (Windows 7, Ubuntu etc)?

> but I got stuck when it said to
> type "rails server" in the blog directory. It states, "Specified
> 'sqlite3' for database adapter, but the gem is not loaded. Add gem
> 'sqlite3' to your Gemfile." So I quit the server, installed sqlite3,

It did not say to install sqlite3 (though this may be necessary) it
said to add it to Gemfile.  In fact you may just have to uncomment it
in Gemfile.  You should then run bundle install which should install
the gem.  I am surprised the tutorial did not cover this, assuming
that it is a Rails 4 tutorial.

Colin