Hello sorry @colin .i am a new one to this forum as well as ruby so if any
mistake made by me then i am sorry.
well the output of $ apt-cache policy gcc is
gcc:
  Installed: 4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6
  Candidate: 4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6
  Version table:
 *** 4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6 0
        500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Though @coli u had told me to try out sudo apt-get install libxslt1-dev
libxml2-dev command ,its working fine showing that

libxslt1-dev is already the newest version.
libxml2-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 490 not upgraded.

And after it i try to install rails by gems install rails but the same
error again comes up.
i had try to install nokogiri by trying out sudo gem install nokogiri -v
'1.6.6.2' -- --use-system-libraries
--with-xml2-include=/usr/include/libxml2 --with-xml2-lib=/usr/lib
command & it was working fine. So help me guys..