p_W wrote:
> I didn't read it as an insult...according to the dictionary:
>
>     'perversions: a perverted form of something'
>     'perverted: turned from what is right; misguided; distorted.'
>
> Then every MVC implementation that differs from the original is indeed
> 'distorted' and therefore 'perverted'

"Perversion" is an extremely derogatory term.  That connotation may not
be expressed by your dictionary, but I assure you, "perverse" is a very
nasty way of referring to something, and implies strong disapproval.
The most common use of the word is probably in relation to sex crimes.
It's just not a nice thing to say.  That doesn't mean Ron hasn't got the
right to say it, especially if it accurately expresses his opinion;
however, it's not something that ordinarily comes up in civil discourse.

> Do we really need to try and interpret everything as flamebait?

Do we really need to turn every intellectual debate into a struggle for
personal superiority?  It's silly.  If I told my coworkers their
opinions were "perverse," I wouldn't have coworkers anymore.