Vivek, it's all working and the Glassfish gem is very nice indeed:

JRuby 1.3.0RC2
Glassfish Gem 0.9.5
Rails 2.3.2

I say this because I was able to configure glassfish gem with only 2 JRuby
runtimes and I was able to serve 1681.10 pages per sec. BTW, I configured ab
as follows:

ab -n 1000 -c 100  <my local site>

Very nice work,

-Conrad