On Jun 12, 12:11 am, "Julien J.F." <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> Anyway, right now i'm merely trying to find out how to establish a solid
> 2 way communication between the game engine and a rails back-end (the
> game engine can also execute internal code, by calling a JS function of
> its wrapper).
> But i'm failing to see if this can be handled purely in rails, or if
> i'll need to write some vanilla JS to act as a sort of middleware layer.
>
> I really hope i can pull it off somehow, cause i really don't wanna
> spend the next 6 months writing php code... ^^

I think you are over complicating things here. The rails javascript
helpers are not at all magic - there's no reason why you can't write
that javascript yourself (and in many ways you'll end up with much
nicer javascript if you don't touch RJS). Ultimately both php and
rails are server side things: from the point of view of the client
side javascript there isn't really a difference.

Fred