In my view I have a:

<%= render :partial => 'uplog' %>

and the partial is shown below. Note there is js in it which I thought
got executed on load (but, I have found out this does NOT happen when
a partial is loaded. How else can I execute the js below when the
partial gets loaded (someone said to call it explicitly....but how and
from where?) THanks, Janna B

names
rows
<script>
startClock('../../../../www/test/ggriptest/getdata1.dat','./
getdata2.php');
</script>