A search of this forum for "cloud" brought up a pretty anemic and mostly
year or more old list of stuff.  That was a bit of a surprise to me.

I'm interested in getting opinions on the easiest way to deploy a Rails
app to a well known (S3 or similar) "cloud" server.

It should be something with little or no "installation" or
"establishment" fees and no monthly fees...just the per/megabyte traffic
fees.

Would be great if deployment was via capistrano, just like a VM or
dedicated server would be.

Has anyone made this cheap and easy yet?  Or do you still have to roll
your own implementation using API's that were designed to be general in
nature and thus requiring significant development effort to get it
deployed?

thanks,
jp